Friday, August 3, 2007

He played the Piano like Elton John...

I don't know why, but I adore this song. In every aspect, but especially the lyrics. All of them. Stunning really:

"A Dream"

Last night I had a dream about you
The dream took place inside a zoo
You were opening cages, setting animals free
You released every beast
Every beast but me

Last night I had a dream about love
It was everything I’d been dreaming of
It was a fabulous party with lots of balloons
It was everybody
Everybody but you

Last night I had a dream about God
And he played the Piano like Elton John
He was making a comeback
He was selling out shows
I was the opening act
You were sitting in the front row

Don’t get me wrong
I know you’re gone
But in my mind, sometimes, the facts are not so clear
In my mind, sometimes
I think you’re still here

Last night I had a dream I was dead
Somebody put an arrow through my head
They were aiming at the apple
But I guess that they missed
Couldn’t help be reminded
Of the first time we kissed

Last night I had the strangest dream
And I’m not exactly sure what it means
We were out having coffee and I got up to go
Then you asked me to stay and my body just froze
I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do
Last night I had a dream babe
I had a dream about you

-Julian Velard

No comments: