Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies

I need to rant my frustrations for a moment...scroll down for more positive and encouraging writings...:-)

I hate politics.
I hate the news.
Both are just biased pointless argument about trivial issues while ignoring fundamental questions. No matter who is doing the reporting or debating it is almost always unfair and misleading.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -Ron Paul

If you think there are flaws with America you are unpatriotic.
If you think America shouldn't have so much involvement in other countries affairs you are an isolationist.

Black and White.
Boxes to fit your size.
Two Parties.
The Left.
The Right.

Here is some truth for you. Our country is trillions of dollars in debt and has troops in over 130 countries. Why is is surprising that other countries resent us? And why is it that when I point out flaws in our government people get offended? Like its not okay to question the system because we have to blindly follow while proclaiming "This is the greatest country in the world and I'd never want to live anywhere else!" If you truly believed in the American constitution you might notice that it is more and more being ignored. And maybe that materialism and indifference aren't positive qualities to be proud of as a country.

Every candidate promises change. But the truth is, nothing is going to change. Not from one man. It takes all of us.

Why am I bitter about our political system today?

Because I have to do an absentee ballot soon and I don't even know who the vice president nominations will be much less who I want to vote for. I don't have the luxury of blindly voting for a party.

The two party system is ridiculous. Where are the shades of gray?

Voting soon.

-Noelle

No comments: