Sunday, March 9, 2008

Heart and Mind and Time

I am a woman of heart and mind
With time on her hands

When love makes a fool of me

After the rush when you come back down
Youre always disappointed
Nothing seems to keep you high
Drive your bargains
Push your papers
Win your medals
Fuck your strangers
Dont it leave you on the empty side
Im looking for affection and respect
A little passion
And you want stimulation-nothing more
Thats what I think
But you know Ill try to be there for you
When your spirits start to sink

Is it all books and words
Or do you really feel it?
Do you really laugh?
Do you really care?
Do you really smileWhen you smile?
You criticize and you flatter
You imitate the best
And the rest you memorize
You know the times you impress me most
Are the times when you dont try
When you dont even try

I'm a woman of heart and mind
With time on her hands...

No comments: